blah, blah, blah

Saturday, October 29, 2005

getting older & goofing around

We started off the day with #1's soccer game. Nobody on the "Rescue Squad" had a shining moment today. His team only scored one goal. I went and got my hair trimmed. The lady was rude and I had to dry my own hair. She offered me a brush once I was one minute away from being finished. I thought, "How nice.....Ha". I can't believe it has been a year since I had my hair cut. I am keeping it long to help me feel young. After lunch I attended a funeral for my great uncle Jack. He was 80. I saw a lot of family I had not seen in a while. I even saw a guy I went to high school with and his wife. It was fun catching up. It's strange when I see people I went to school with. I am always amazed at how much they look like an adult. See, I have not kept up with anyone and in my mind the last image I have of anyone is that at graduation. I recently saw one girl who was always shorter than me, bit her nails to the core, skinny and very flat chested. We were the best of friends during our middle school years. I couldn't hardly look at her when we spoke. It was weird. She is now taller than me, she has manicured nails, I think she may have had some help up top, and now she looks like a woman. A beautiful woman. She just looked totally different than my mental picture. Oh, one other story. Two Christmas ago, I was at an outlet mall shopping with the kids. It was a get up and go day, I was looking rough. #3 was only a few months old. Me and the gang was at the public eating area with our picnic lunch. #2 decided to cause a HUGE scene. Finally she calmed down and then #3 decided it was time to eat. So we were munching on our homemade lunch, #3 nursing discretely under my green outdated corduroy jacket. Next thing I know a police officer stops at our table. He leans down and asks my maiden name. I was clueless. I thought something terrible had happened. Then he introduces himself as Randy, and it hits me, this grown man is this kid I went to school with. Nice... perfect timing. He sits down to talk as I try to pull #3 off in a proper manner, trying not to embarrass us both. It was really strange. I kept looking at him and thinking, "He's a man, no longer a boy but a man". I know I show signs of aging. The highlights of gray can be clearly seen from across the room. I am not stopping it but I don't feel the age I look. I mean I feel like college was just two years ago. I guess reality hasn't hit me that I am old enough to have been married for almost 8 years, I have 3 kids and I getting grayer by the day. Oh well.

So the rest of the day we just goofed off. The kids were so much fun tonight. We snuggled up and watched Bugs Life. I absolutely LOVE the feeling of one kid in my lap, the other two on each side, all bundled up in a blanket. Man, there is nothing like it.





1 Comments:

Blogger Joan said...

You look very young to me...vibrant full of life...the "perfect" young family.

No gray in my mental picture of you! Curly brown hair and dark eyes peeking around a doorway almost ready to smile but waiting for the perfect moment to shine.

That's you.

Keep shining.

Funny memory of nursing. I think we've all had those. I look at young moms and they are just so beautfiful...even "in the raw". I think...gosh, I did not look that great. But, I think all of us do, somehow. To every one else, that harried, concentrated effort is beautiful.

Me

9:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home