blah, blah, blah

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

God bless this little mess

I got my little gang some new paint today. Praise the Lord for washable paint. #3 really enjoyed it. God did not create her little hands to be neat and careful. He crafted them for exploration, creativity and espeically for making messes. No matter what this pigpen does, she ends up with it all over her and everything thing else. I am CONSTANTLY cleaning up behind her. I'll admit sometimes it is frustrating. I am like, "I just cleaned up this crap up and now it is a disaster again". But most of the time I just smile and enjoy seeing the trail of her tike size world that she leaves behind: all the clothes she loves to try on all day; her booster seat filled with crumbs; her hair glossed with sweet sugar; her shirt and chin covered with drool; the Little People she loves to dump all over he floor; the baby dolls found in random places like daddy's closet; the matching cards she screams for and leaves all over the house; the wet wipe box left half opened with 20 hanging out (at least she's trying to clean); the crayons (thankfully washable) randomly scattered from one table to the next; the hair barretts she pulls out, some are found & others lost forever; the toilet paper unrolled as she is learning to wipe herself, water & toothpaste all over the bathroom counter because she loves to brush her teeth; the blush sprinkles on the toilet lid and bathroom floor, she loves to put on her makeup with me; the pile of books beside her bed along with all the other random toys she insists on keeping close as she sleeps; traces of her meals can always be found on my shoulders once we've been out to eat; her face and hands (and most of the time her tummy, too) always coordinate with her plate. She loves to scream for joy, and I mean scream. If she hears water she comes a running, I have almost never get a shower alone. She is a grazer, eating the whole day through. She has a way of forcing herself into the middle yet at times she is content to do her own thing. She is wild, daring, extremely independent, loud, loving, and a ham. Her excitement for the little things in life is contagious. I adore this messy walking piece of art. I am so happy she is mine!



2 Comments:

Blogger Justabeachkat said...

You know I'm a "clean freak", but she's one mess I truly love!

10:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi friend!

Here's an insert from an old magazine that I love to read on a particularly messy day. Hope it will encourage you, too!

"If I live in a house of spotless beauty with everything in its place, I am a housekeeper, not a homemaker.
If I only have time for waxing and polishing, my children will learn of cleanliness, not godliness.
Love leaves the dust in search of a child's laugh.
Love smiles at the tiny fingerprints on the newly cleaned window.
Love wipes up the tears before it wipes up the spilled milk.
Love is the key that opens salvation's message to a child's heart.
Before I became a mother, I took glory in my house of perfection;
but now, I glory in God's perfection of my child."
-Family Life Magazine, May 1982
Love you lots!
RW

11:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home