blah, blah, blah

Friday, March 24, 2006

little things that make me happy

Being a stay at home mom now for 6 & 1/2 years sometimes I think it is comical at what I get excited about. Yesterday in the grocery store I was picking up some cleaning sponges. When I reached for my normal brand, the kind with the scrubby pad on top, I noticed Ocello had come out with some fun new prints. I got so happy I almost had to share my excited with a fellow shopper. I had been complaining, to just myself, that I was getting bored with the hot peppers and swirls that the always seem to have. I love the new circles and stripes. It is something I use multiple times a day and I love the change.



Also recently I had been griping, again just to myself, that I was getting SO tired of our plain boring white everyday dishes. They are hand-me-downs from my aunt. Of course I am thankful for them, I am just ready for a change. Well my great grandmother has moved to an assisted living home, I call it reliving college dorm life for the elderly (sounds fun to me). Anyways, she doesn't need all the stuff in her house so she is giving it away to all the family. My great aunt asked me to come over and pick out some things. In the kitchen cabinets I spotted something ... a whole new set of dishes. They match my kitchen perfectly. They are in mint condition. I don't think she ever really used them. They are made by Cornet and they are from the 70's. I really love them. Everyday now I think of my great grandmother as we butter bread, eat a bowl of cereal, cut up a steak, wash the dishes. It makes me really happy.



Aren't they just the coolest?!

5 Comments:

Blogger mommy to six J's said...

They are simply faboulus darling.I love how HE answers the simplest request we have evn when we are not even asking Him to.
Have a great weekend.
Char

10:24 AM

 
Blogger Hale-Yeah! said...

you're hilarious! I am very easily entertained as well by little things like that and that is why my wife doesn't like it when i go grocery shopping. i bring home the most random stuff.

dig the plates. they remind me of my grandma's things too.

11:30 AM

 
Blogger Perri said...

My mom had those plates when I was little. They are from the 70's I think. How cool. You're such a retro gal.

3:13 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Are you sure we're not related?! That's what I call assisted living places - elderly dorms. You bet that sounds like so much more fun! Also, my mom had these dishes! They are so pretty. We too had hand me down plain white dishes for 8 years, until my mom got us a new set of Cornet dishes too. Wish they were like these... Enjoy your treasure from g'ma!

6:46 PM

 
Blogger Joan said...

Wow. I still use Cornet Whites...thought it would always "go"...and my kitchen in our new house is now Almond...but, a safe choice. Now...these dishes? They are so happy. I love them. And, I wore my grandma's coat tan wool, worn, coat yesterday...she's been gone almost 15 years.

I really like you. (Holding lizards? Wow. There, I draw the line. :-))

Me

12:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home