blah, blah, blah

Sunday, August 27, 2006

brain overload


Could my head be filled with any more thoughts? Honestly sometimes, I think it is going to explode. It's like an insane sped up game of Atari Pong. Ideas, pictures, scenarios - bouncing off one wall of my brain to another at rapid speeds. UGH! So tonight as I was washing dishes I could hear a gentle voice calling me to get away. So I took a nice long walk and it helped me to slow down a bit. I know my Creator gave me an over active brain. I love to think and I LOVE to analyze things, but I want that brain power to be used to glorify Him, rather than to create worry, criticism and strife. I lose focus and my self centeredness takes over and I spend so much energy pondering on things that don't mean crap!

I do want to mention the HIGHLIGHT of my day! My best friend and college roommate had her 3rd baby a week ago. We headed up north to visit with them after church. OH, he is just so precious. I just couldn't hardly put him down. It was such a relaxing afternoon.

nighty night!

7 Comments:

Blogger keri said...

i want details on this new little one!! do tell!

9:15 PM

 
Blogger muddy hands said...

do we just pass this little syndrome back and forth down the road to each other? You sound like me -- or do I sound like you? I just spent time apologizing to Moe for my attitude -- what is my problem? You said it best -- focusing too much on me,me,me. Praise God for reality checks. So tommorrow is a new day -- i'm praying for you now -- Praise God for new mercies each and everyday. Praise God for sleep so that the "atari game" has to be turned off.

10:35 PM

 
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Walks are mental medicine for me!! The fresh air...time away...love it!

Glad you had fun with your friend and her little sweetie.

9:08 AM

 
Blogger Renee said...

Atari Pong brings back memories. Hope you have a peaceful day today!

9:38 AM

 
Blogger Just T said...

must be something in the air .. I had a shocking sleep last night, and the night before .. I am bad for going over and over a million thoughts all at once and it's always at night grrr .. hope you got your head cleared !
congrats to your friend on her new arrival .. hearing about newborns always gets me clucking haha

6:14 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I was just reading your post about adopting your little girl soon... that is my dream, too. We have three boys and always comment that we'd love a little girl from China someday. It's still someday for us, but I am so excited for YOU!

9:09 AM

 
Blogger Cantini #3 said...

LOVE Atari.... my brain sometimes feels like Missle Command!

3:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home