blah, blah, blah

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

a slap in the face from reality

First off, thanks everybody for your sweet words of encouragement regarding our BIG NEWS! I really appreciate it!

Well I had an great week at the beach with my mom and dad. They always let us crash on part of their vacation. It was really relaxing and with one adult per child, it made for an easy week. Plus my mom spoiled me by doing all the laundry. So we get home and reality quickly sets in. We are trying purchase a new car for my man, that TOTALLY stresses me out. Thankfully he did most of the leg work while I was gone. I have to say he does a great job at researching to insure we are making a wise decision. Still, shopping interest rates and finding the exact car at the dealership that will give us the exact price we want, ugh! But hopefully by tomorrow we'll be all done and my man will be scootin back and forth to work in a new Honda Civic.

I had hoped to begin school again yesterday. Funny thinking because I was totally not being realistic. We came home to a clean clutter free home, well the bathrooms could use some work. After we unloaded all the junk from the car, the mess began. Then yesterday the kids enjoyed every toy they own. We tried to clean up once but within 30 minutes they were into their play again and everything was out of place. It does sound like I am complaining, but they got along so well, all of them were so creative and entertained I could hardly get them to the dinner table. That made me a happy mama. We can always clean up tomorrow.

Here is where I begin to whine. Remember how I said everything is breaking all around us. Well, my refrigerator is on its way out. Sunday when I pulled out the icecream to make milkshakes for the kids, I noticed it was very soft. I just passed it off and thought nothing much of it. Then yesterday when a popsicle was dripping all down the inside of the freezer door, I knew we were in trouble. My first reaction was to kick the thing and scream. I held it together and opted for denial. I turned the knobs up to the coldest setting and said, this is all in my head. Well it is not. We've owned the thing 7 years and this will be its 3rd repair. Don't ever buy a Hotpoint. It's a piece of poop! But on the positive side, maybe I will only have to pay one repair visit and someone can work on my dishwasher too. I am beginning to really miss it. Using one at the beach a seeing how convenient it is, made me long for mine to be repaired.

Ok, I am off the make a list of all the junk I need to accomplish today. Just as I typed that I realized the I in that statement. The first thing I need to remember is that God is accomplishing things, with or without me. I may write out a task list that will order the day my way, but I need to remember it's his agenda not my own that will satisfy.




9 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Welcome home! Reality bites, that's for sure. I am still trying to get back into reality myself (after not having to cook for two weeks!) Great pictures!

8:58 AM

 
Blogger Justabeachkat said...

Great photos. I love the girls' matching suits. But....the sand there really makes me proud of ours. Miss you all. See you in just a few days. Hugs and kisses all around. KD

9:29 AM

 
Blogger Joan said...

I love these pics. Wish I could have gone to the beach with my little ones by now.

Praying for protection of your "stuff". I'm sorry for the "attack".

9:41 AM

 
Blogger Renee said...

Sorry to hear about the frig! When something like that goes wrong it is so overwhelming. I love the beach pictures!

10:56 AM

 
Blogger Jessica said...

I can't believe your fridge went out too! Make sure you guys buy the extended warranty on, uh, everything you buy in the future.

11:38 AM

 
Blogger Lori said...

Boy oh boy, when it rains is pours, as my momma use to say =) I am sooo sorry to hear about the freezer. Big bummer.

But totally adorable pictures!!!

3:05 PM

 
Blogger Just T said...

aww adorable pics .. can't wait for our weather to warm up !
Hope your man enjoys his new car .. my hubby just traded in his "hot rod" for a huge monster 4wd lol
sure do hope you can fix the fridge or look into getting a new one !

12:28 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh, how I love that last picture...hope you framed it!

10:52 AM

 
Blogger on the Rock said...

adorable kids ... I love sand play too!

2:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home