blah, blah, blah

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

out of the blue

My #2 is really not the deep thinker in the family. You can ask her how she feels or what she is thinking about and more than likely her response is silent. Well yesterday in the car, she surprised me by asking, "MaMa, what do you think PaPa is doing right now in heaven?" Strange thing is, PaPa is my grandfather who died when she was just a year old. Next thing you know #1 jumped right in with his opinion and then we three shared a glorious conversation about eternity. You know, the older I get the more excited I become about what God has in store for us.

6 Comments:

Blogger Vessel said...

I have "raptured" dreams about 3 or 4 times a year. They are so realistic, that I wake up totally distraught afterward. I can't wait either!

3:09 PM

 
Blogger Wendy said...

That is neat that she has been thinking about it. I love hearing what my kids are thinking.

Awesome to think about what is waiting for us and how we don't deserve any of it.

3:33 PM

 
Blogger keri said...

isn't it funny how they randomly think about these things. recently i was explaining to ella that my grandfather died when i was her age....it has stirred up TONS of questions about death, heaven, etc. i have found it a little difficult to explain these things on a 4 year old level. but she has seemed satisfied. she has had a discussion with r too. fun to hear about #2's thoughts.

4:36 PM

 
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Ok - that is just too cool! I bet you had an inside laugh at some comments, but overall, what a neat experience. Makes you proud that you are training your children in the way they should go.......

God is so good!!!

8:10 AM

 
Blogger Lori said...

Ok girl I posted the Sticky Chicken recipe on my sight just for you =)). It is VERY GOOD especially if there is ever left overs (not that we have left overs, ha)

9:02 AM

 
Blogger Perri said...

I love it when the kids discuss God and they don't know I'm listening - it's very interesting to hear their thoughts.

10:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home