blah, blah, blah

Saturday, August 5, 2006

so, um ... I didn't know

Ok, so how did I not know that the Chronicles of Narnia might not be an appropriate movie for a family with kids ranging for 2 (almost 3) through 6? I mean this really is a huge indicator of just how out of touch I am. Tonight all the kids wanted to run with me to Blockbuster to pick out a family movie. Note to self - this is never a great idea. All the kids want all different movies. The girls want the Barbie movie, #1 wants the boy stuff. It is SO difficult to agree. Well the minute we pulled into the parking spot the flood gates opened and it just POURED. I mean it looked like we had stepped out of the shower we got so wet. I could seriously ring my hair out. Then we get in there and they can't accept debit cards b/c the storm has their phone lines down. OF COURSE I have zero cash, so we head back out in the rain to get cash. I have the great idea to hit the grocery store pick up a few things and get so cash there. We go to check out, no luck, the storm has messed up their machine and I can only use a charge card. SO I had promised a movie, so I still need to find cash. Back out in the rain again, and to the bank. Get the money and back to Blockbuster. Now we are in the family section and I see Narnia. I think wow, this would be great. I "heard" it was good and C.S. Lewis wrote the book, so this should be the one. The kids are reluctant but I push for it. I won. We get home. WOW. Let me tell ya. I really liked it, but it was weird hearing my four year old daughter say ... "I hope Peter cuts that witches head off!" The girls did get frightened but none of the kids wanted us to turn it off. So we kept going forward. In the end, #2 kept saying, "I loved it mommy, I loved it!" I glad she wasn't terrified and hopefully all will have sweet non violent dreams tonight.

These pics were taken of the kids yesterday. Though the kids have never watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, #1 has a lego set with all of them. #1 had the idea to make bandanas like the real ninja turtles wear them.
#1 ... he is trying to smile like his Lego Ninja Turtle smiles.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

My son (almost 6) loved that movie. It was scarier than I thought it would be too.

Love the ninja turtle wear!

8:35 AM

 
Blogger Joan said...

I pulled my 4 yr old out of class because I didn't want him seeing it and getting dull to the message when it's so great to use later when they get the symbolism as meaning something. Glad to hear somebody else thought it was really too much. I think they thought I was nuts! (Well, okay, they probably have a point there).

4:03 PM

 
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Ha - I bet you have shared in lots of DRAMA during family movie night's video store run!

We enjoyed Narnia too!

AND -- where do your kids come up with these funny costumes??? Love it!!!

5:25 PM

 
Blogger Justabeachkat said...

Oh my gosh...they look so cute! I need their hugs and kisses and love. Give them some for me.

I love and miss you all!

6:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kids aren't wussies. I knew they could handle it. We took Sohaila to see Pirates a few weeks back and she has not been able to sleep since. Every night she screams that the shark man is coming to get her. It really has gotten bad enough to where she could not even go to her friends pirate party last week. Just kidding. She loved it.
You might not be able to spell, but you are the best mom on the planet. (besides my wife of course, but I'll let you tie). Keep doing what you do with your kids because they are amazing. Oh. And keep doing what you do to your man because he won't stop talking about the other night.
Late.
Los

7:56 PM

 
Blogger keri said...

ok los' comment was quite interesting!! especially the last sentence...hmmmm....
there is no way i would let ella see that movie. but she is a scared little girl and i would lose all sanity if we had to struggle anymore than we do now with her fearfulness (read my latest post). anyway, love the ninjas. they are awesome. love you.

9:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home