blah, blah, blah

Friday, August 4, 2006

the heat and bones

It's going to be another hot one. The past two days we have been in a pool trying to find relief from the heat. I really don't remember last year being this hot. My yard needs a lot of attention but I cannot stand being out. Oh well, the weeds win this year.

YES my man is home. AHHHHH! It was crazy how much I missed him. Poor guy, he's sleep is still all messed up. It takes a while to recover from all the jet lag. He was awake at 3:30 this morning and he could never go back to sleep.

Ok, here are a few pics from Monday when we got the cat bones. #1 thought the discovery was so cool, the girls felt sad for the cat. I bleach them, boiled them, bleached them again, and then I let them dry out for a few days. We plan on scraping one of the bones and looking at it through the microscope.


Cat Bones



7 Comments:

Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Cat bones....gross! Even though I am not fond of felines, what a sad sight.

Your photos are just too cute!! I love them!!!

11:17 AM

 
Blogger Jessica said...

You are the coolest Mom ever! I just don't think I could stomach boiling cat bones, but my boys would love that!

12:18 PM

 
Blogger Lori said...

Yuck, your kids are lucky to have such a cool Mom.

Loved your pictures.

Have a great Friday.

12:46 PM

 
Blogger Vessel said...

You're my knda Mommy! I love Disections!!! I'm a weird science geek.

1:51 PM

 
Blogger Wendy said...

Love the pictures! I love that your son wears that spiderman outfit so much! Very cute!

7:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as someone great once said...blah blah blah. If love is link then you are loved. no really.

12:48 AM

 
Blogger Renee said...

The cat bones still make me sick a little. I can't believe you boiled them in your kitchen. My man is impressed, though. I guess you two science major geeks are more daring than us straight-laced education majors.

9:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home