blah, blah, blah

Monday, November 20, 2006

chinese pop is making me cry

Tonight as I was fixing dinner, my play list hit a Chinese Pop song from an album that my man brought back from his recent trip. I actually really like the music. I have no idea what the heck they are singing about but me, my man and even the kids really like it. Anyways. I began wondering if the Chinese mother of my baby knows that song. Is she listening on the radio to some of the same tunes I enjoy? Next thing you know, I just start crying. I long to know this woman and I want so desperately to meet my child. I haven' t mentioned much about the adoption. I feel discouraged b/c it seems like forever away. We've just completed our home study so right now it is looking it will about 18 months before we get matched. We are requesting an infant between 6 to 12 months. So if she is around 9 months when we get her, she should be conceived any day now. WOW, God is forming our baby. My eyes are full of tears and my heart is so full of love for her already.

5 Comments:

Blogger Justabeachkat said...

It's amazing to think of it that way, but it might be true. A nice thought!

10:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a wonderful way of thinking, TS! It may seem a life time away, but just think of the joy you and your family will feel once your new baby is home with you for good. Just keep thinking those good thoughts and your child will be home sooner than you think. Soon you will be so busy planning for your new arrival, you won't have time to worry about how long it will be :)

10:47 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

Wow! What a thought! I was just asking Brooks how this was going for ya'll yesterday. Thanks for the update.
Praying for ya'll!

7:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great thing to be thankful for this week - I am so excited for you to be going through this process. Looking forward to the journey with you.

Perri

12:42 AM

 
Blogger Sprittibee said...

This is so great. My husband brought back a Lebonese Pop album from when he was over seas in Iraq. I always jam out to it. As in the WONDERFUL movie, "Alamo"... "It is amazing what a little harmony will accomplish". If only we could all join hands around the world like the song says "It's a small world after all". Won't it be wonderful when we all get to heaven? No more will our differences keep us apart.

1:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home