blah, blah, blah

Sunday, October 9, 2005

Family day





I feel perfectly full. Full of good quality family time. Today we had a great Church Service. It rocked of course. Everything about it. Loved it. Then we went to our family favorite restaurant. (MeMe, you know what it is) This afternoon we went to watch our home town's Confederate battle reenactment. It was interesting. The kids didn't really know what to think. #1 seemed only to be interested in looking for men who got shot and pretended to play dead. #2 just kept her ears covered. The cannons made your whole body rock. Then we walked around through the "Confederate Camp". There were some tents set up that sold 1800s clothing, canteens, misc. junk. #1 got a toy pistol and #2 got rock candy. A historic plantation home was located at the event so we got to tour it. I learned a lot about the 1800s today. Hopefully the kids retained some of it too.

Then tonight we all laid around and laughed our heads off at America's Funniest Home Videos. Experiencing it with kids always doubles the fun. We ended the night in a family sandwich, all piled on top of each other on the couch. Well all except #3. She was too busy looking at books, but I did get her on video saying her letters. So I am ending this weekend as one happy Wife & Mama. I am satisfied.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joan said...

Okay, so I'm gaining an affinity for your numbered kids...you can keep numbering them. It's endearing somehow.

I haven't come up with a great way to refer to mine.

My friend talks about going to a battle like with her family one... loved. I wonder if it was the same one. What great pics today.

I love reading moms blogs on weekends...combination of "yeah" and "blah"...every last one of them.

May I AM "NORMAL"? Wow. So, this is motherhood. I thought it was just my hormones?!

3:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home