blah, blah, blah

Friday, December 16, 2005

Don't throw up

I just got back from the mall and I need a minute to chill out. Me and my, as aussie teeny says.. kidlets went to do some more holiday shopping. I can handle #1 & 2. They get lost in Never Never Land but usually recognize my voice and come back to reality to follow me along the next aisle or store. #3 on the other hand is crazy wild. Very rarely will I allow her to get out of the buggy or stroller. She handles, picks up, tips over almost everything in her path. I have a one finger rule, the kids can touch anything but only with one finger, which she continually disobeys. So most of the time she spends confined and she spent her energy on finding a way to break free. I think I have used the phrase, "SIT on your BOTTOM" over a hundred times within the past 3 hours. My threats and stern looks don't mean a thing to this independent daring child. She is determined to have her will and not any one else's. Even if she does decide to obey, only after I have counted to 3, within 5 minutes she is at it again. Determination. I have to say she has got it.

The incident I will never fail to forget from this day is... Sears. Our mall really stinks. I mean we don't even have a GAP. It moved out of the mall 2 years ago. From some reason Sears has the best bathroom around. Granite counter tops and everything. I know, its not what you would expect. That is where we always go for potty breaks. We head into the bathroom, and the first thing the kids say is ... oooooh! It smells like poo-poo. I will admit it did not smell pleasant in there, but I quickly became aware of the fact I need to teach the kids a little discretion. I head to a fresh clean stall. #2 goes first. As I am waiting I notice splash marks along the sides of the walls of the stalls. I wonder. What happened? Then as I help #2 down, the automatic flusher goes off and toilet water spews up in the air. My face was the main target. Water droplets on my glasses, face and shirt. I think I am going to throw up. Seriously. We quickly get to the sink and I try my best to sanitize myself.

In the end, we did get accomplished what I needed to. Should we do school today. No I don't think so. I think I will go take a shower. I had to wear a cap today to hide my messy hair. Plus I think I will really feel better if I just get clean.

What a little booger she really is. We'd all be lost with out her.

2 Comments:

Blogger Justabeachkat said...

Wow... I think these are the cutest kids EVER! Makes me miss this so much. I need hugs and kisses! Can't wait to see you all tomorrow!!!! Reading your blog helps me to know what's happening and you write the cutest things, but MAN I wish I lived closer!

9:00 PM

 
Blogger Joan said...

These types of moments they need to include in warm fuzzy Christmas specials...now THAT is "normal".

Makes me feel like I have company...thanks for blogging the real!

Me

10:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home