blah, blah, blah

Friday, July 14, 2006

sick of the pool?

On hot days like these, I don't think we could ever get sick of the pool. I mean the heat is just exhausting. Our house was 83 degrees last night when we went to bed. I felt like we were camping outside. I am trying to think of new ways to keep this old house cool. I know one thing that heats the house up at night is me cooking in the kitchen. So on days that it is over 90, maybe we can justify eating out instead of firing up the oven and heating up the stove. Well I seriously doubt that will happen, but I can wish right? I am going to try to grill out more, but even opening the door to go out, you can feel the heat rush in. Aussie Teeny, I am envying you right now!

The report on my mom came back normal. We are VERY thankful. She is trying to get in to see a different doctor to help explain why her head is still hurting.

Here are some pics of my kids and their friends. We are sad. One of our close friends is moving to Colorado. This is the last day my kids will get to play with her for a long time. After we left the pool, I felt like crying. I am going to miss my friends.

4 Comments:

Blogger Perri said...

So glad your mom's test came out OK. I hate it when good friends move away. I'm selfish that way. I want the people I love CLOSE by.

You should get you some crock pot recipes for the hot days. You could do BBQ, meat loaf, lasagna -- all kinds of things in it.

Eating out -- that's good too.

10:25 AM

 
Blogger Wendy said...

So glad to hear things came out fine for your mom!

10:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if cooking makes the house hot, maybe you could just eat ice cream for dinner on the hot days and see how that makes you feel. just a suggestion. your kids are going to love me for that one.

11:01 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

Glad your mom's tests came back normal, but I know it must be frustrating to still not have an answer.

And I'd be all for eating out every night. ;-)

3:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home