blah, blah, blah

Thursday, August 31, 2006

bad habits are hard to break

I am back to my old ways! Staying up late and sleeping in. My mind keeps racing every night with all the stuff I need to accomplish so it's been really hard for me to fall asleep which causes me to justify sleeping late. I used to get up early and walk most mornings, but that routine seems like a distant memory and one I am procrastinating to relive. I can tell my body needs the walks. I put on pair of pants and they were a bit snug. Maybe if I walked around the house all day in a bathing suit it would motivate me to throw away the mayonnaise jar and get my butt out of bed and do something. I know that no woman is never completely satisfied with her body. Every girl wants tweaks and revisions. Funny thing is, one day you can look in the mirror and say to yourself, "Girl, you are so fine, you don't need to change a thing?" Then 5 minutes later your come back to make sure you don't have a panty line and you realize you were mistaken. Your hair looks out of date and that skirt kinda "makes" your butt look really large, and so on and so on. Oh well, such is life.

8 Comments:

Blogger Perri said...

This part.....
"Girl, you are so fine, you don't need to change a thing?"

Can't even imagine it. I'll be sure to post about it if I ever get there.

10:23 AM

 
Blogger Wendy said...

That bathing suit idea is a good one...and then having mirrors everywhere. That might just motivate me.

10:44 AM

 
Blogger Lori said...

I love to walk when it becomes cooler, the major problem is that is become DARKER also. Uggg... I have been fighting the need to go on a diet to lose thoes 5lbs I have gained....I am trying to just "be good" but my jeans are not agreeing with me

Don't think I will do the bathing suit thing...to depressing =))

11:25 AM

 
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Seems like I am reading many entries today about "being in a funk".

Either its winter creeping up on me or the fact that I have been home a lot. Matt is nagging about a trip to Disney World and even though school is in session, there is no way I am taking my 1-year old. Makes me feel trapped!!!

We'll get thru this!!! :)

5:20 PM

 
Blogger Joan said...

yup

:-)

6:21 PM

 
Blogger uuu said...

i agree --- found you at glass half full and your profile cracked me up. all of it was familiar to my own personality but especially the part about listening to every word of the songs. i am forever, trying to be sweet to my husband and he totally didn't get it, because he "didn't hear the words." weird to me, because that is what they are about!!!! :)

8:56 PM

 
Blogger Just T said...

I am like this too, although the last 2 mornings I have been awake at 630am and actually feel like getting up .. must be because Spring is finally here and the mornings have been glorious !
as for putting on weight, sheesh I put on an old long denim skirt and it was SNUG .. last Summer it swam on me and I was contemplating throwing it out ! time to get my big butt working out on the cross trainer

12:39 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Ahhh so true so true.
Hey, I may try that walking around the house in a bathing suit idea... I KNOW that would just motivate me (or grose me out so much that I'll just reach for some more Ben and Jerry's!)

9:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home