blah, blah, blah

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

the tree

There is just this incredible peace I feel sitting in a room lit by just the Christmas tree. I can remember as a kid, my parents would have parties around the holidays at our house. I would frequently take small breaks from the crowds and escape to my room. There on my dresser was a small tree, lighting a corner of the room. I would go and sit and feel "all together" again. As an adult I can still gain that sense of calm just sitting and gazing at the Christmas Tree. Taking a moment to be still and reflecting what I am thankful for, how blessed I am and remembering how humbling it is that I am privileged to call the creator of the universe, Father.


Merry Christmas

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is beautiful. I am working on mine, well actually I gave up for the evening and will finish tomorrow. There is something romantic of a lite Christmas tree with the lights off.

11:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tree is gorgeous! I can see why you feel so relaxed sitting around it at night. Silly me forgot to put lights on our tree this year agh!!!

Oh, I just love this time of year. Christmas is my favourite holiday

3:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tree looks great!

9:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very inspiring tree. We're putting up one this Saturday. My 3-year old wants something humongous (and that's his exact word!).

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

5:18 PM

 
Blogger Justabeachkat said...

Wow...B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

8:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am about to post a Yultide Pride tag asking everyone to post their decorations and more. You beat me to it!! :)

4:29 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

It is sooo peaceful. I love the lights from the outside reflecting in also. Merry month to you!

7:34 PM

 
Blogger mommy to six J's said...

What a beautiful picture. Thanks for all of the kind comments you leave on my blog,have a great weekend Char

3:49 PM

 
Blogger keri said...

its very purty. still haven't gotten ours up yet.

9:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home