blah, blah, blah

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

potty train


Well the potty train has pulled up to stop at our house and #3 has jumped right on. I am shocked at how well she is adjusting. Some how all of our kids have become potty trained at 25 months. This one has been almost too easy. I tried to put a diaper on her tonight at bed time and she refused it. So she is wearing pink barbie panties with a diaper on top of them. The older kids have really been encouraging her. They ask her all the time if she needs to poop. If #3 poops in the potty everybody gets to celebrate by eating candy!

#3 & #2 got into a cat fight right before bedtime. Arms straight out just slapping each other. #1 and I looked at each other and we just had to laugh. As they rolled over on top of my feet, I picked up #3 and laid her right on top of #2. Then #1 and I got on the floor with them. We all wrestled around for a few minutes and in the end the girls were hugging and saying their "I'm sorries".

#2 was very emotional when I tucked her in bed. She was silently crying. I knew no sound meant she was truly troubled. I asked her the classic, "why are you crying" question, getting the typically girly response, "I don't know". I gently explained that it is because we are girls and sometimes we just do this. It was such a sweet moment. We held each other for a long time. She does require a lot of snuggling. I really love it. You can't get close enough when you snuggle with #2. She is asleep now and looking so peaceful. #3 just popped her head around the corner with her arms held out. Guess she needs a few more squeezes too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Justabeachkat said...

Oh my, I do love reading about the kids. It's bittersweet though since it makes me want to be there with you all even more than usual. I miss you so much. Keep up the stories. I can't get enough. I love you very, very much. KD

10:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home