blah, blah, blah

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The decorating is done


Check out my SUPER cheap Christmas wreath. See, I am not a person who goes all out decorating for the holidays, any holiday. But I am changing. This is a grape vine wreath I got for 2 bucks at a local craft store. For the fall I hot glued colorful leaves around it and some Nandina berries. I have to admit, I loved it. It was the simplicity that really got me excited. So, I tore off the leaves and replaced them with fresh Fraser Fir sprigs. At first I wrapped a huge silver snowflake ribbon around it ... hated it. But as I was gazing out my kitchen window this morning I noticed our Holy Tree was covered in red berries. And that is how my wreath evolved. Over all I am more into decorating this year. I even have two trees in the house. My mom-inlaw gave me an extra fake one she had. It sat in the shed last holiday season packed up in a box. Well this year I got it out. I am glad I did. My mom and the kids decorated tress for their rooms, so with 4 festive evergreens in our home, I am feeling a bit like Martha Stuart. Well not really. I guess I am in to this year.

Oh, a side note about fake trees. This is my first year to have one. I love the way a real tree smells and looks. It is never perfect, it constantly sheds, and it looks REAL. Okay the fake one is definitely for control freaks. You can bend it, mold, it, spruce it, hang outrageously heavy ornaments on it, you can make it what you want. It irritated me. It scratched me, it's rough, brittle, not sturdy, has no real trunk, it looks fake. I am honestly glad I have it, It adds a lot of warmth to the room, but I was just glad to know that maybe I truly am breaking away from my controlling ways. I prefer the untameable real thing. I am not saying you are a control freak if you own a fake tree, but if you are, my guess is you really enjoy a submissive Christmas tree.

This blog sucks tonight. OH well. Merry Christmas everyone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

you are so fun, funny and inspirational! i love reading your blog and how you are unabashedly open. and...transplant or native, you're a georgia peach too!
kate :)

10:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home