blah, blah, blah

Sunday, April 2, 2006

Delirium & the Pastor

Just got home from a serious heroin trip shared with a couple 1000 other people. Well, not really, I mean I have never tried any recreation drugs, but if I did, I would have to imagine it would be similar to Cirque du Soleil's Delirium. My man has ALWAYS been fascinated by their performances. Like glued to the TV, muttering ... SHUT UP, NO way, that is UNBELIEVABLE ... at their mind boggling "stunts". I am impressed but my excitement no where near reaches the magnitude of that of my husbands. So for his birthday I bought tickets to see one of their shows. This one was more musical. Nitzi, some chick with one of the best vocals I have ever ever heard opened the show. Watching her dance and sing on stage, for a moment I longed to be able to express myself as she was. I said a silent prayer ... God when I get to heaven, please give me a voice like that so that I can sing your praises. (I am not a great singer!) Then began the show. It was wild, exotic, impressive, marvelous, crazy, weird. It was a trip.

One more thing happened that made the night even more interesting. We were sitting there waiting for the show to start. Of course we were 30 minutes early, just the way he likes it. There we were all alone on our row when we heard someone, turned around and there stood the pastor Andy Stanley. He is the pastor at our "Mother Church" Northpoint. With churches our size, it's like a crazy chance that you actually get to meet the man. See, I watch him every week allow God use him to change 1000's of lives. I feel dorky saying this but it was really like meeting a celebrity. Someone I admire and respect as much as the president of the United States. We quickly introduced ourselves and stated we were members of Buckhead Church. In just those few minutes, a 100 thoughts ran through my mind. It is ridiculous how many letters I have started (never completed) to Andy. I want express my deep felt gratitude for his willingness to be used by God in such a radical and dynamic way to communicate God's unchanging love for the people He created. So tonight I will finally do something about it. I am going to write that letter.

It was memorable night. My love for my man, it ... truly blows my mind. I love how real I feel with him. How safe, respected, admired and loved I feel. He is amazing.

God, you truly answer prayers. You are so completely real. I can't explain you and I so glad you reach beyond my comprehension. Use every part of me to glorify you. Thank you for saving me.

Here is us on our date night.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had such a good time! Very cool to get the opportunity to chat with your pastor too!
Have a great day. I still smile when I think about your "butter lover"! How funny!

8:47 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

oh how cool! i bet that show was amazing.
and you and your man look so so cute - so happy - so much love there. i love it!
ps - you are beautiful! have a wonderful day!

10:44 AM

 
Blogger Hale-Yeah! said...

how cool is that. We just saw O at the Bellagio in Vegas and it blew my mind. the whole "...shut up, no way, that is unbelievable" thing was what i was doing too. out of control was another one!

11:46 AM

 
Blogger terrible speller said...

Thanks Kate you are extra sweet.

We REALLY want to see O some day.

1:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey friend,

Just want to say you look AMAZING! Beautiful inside and out...what a blessing!
I am so thankful to have you as a best friend. Keep lovin' on your man. So glad things are so good.
Much love,
Renee W.

5:48 PM

 
Blogger Joan said...

I've seen them at Opry. Guys flinging around the crowd on wadded up sheets. Crazy. The strength stacking was cool. The opra gal we saw was, well, a trip! Opra not so much my thing!

You guys look great!

6:18 PM

 
Blogger Perri said...

Can I just say - you are so cute. Is that a perm or natural curly hair? You guys look so happy.

7:22 PM

 
Blogger terrible speller said...

wow, thanks. It is natural.

8:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home