blah, blah, blah

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

its amazing

We are still out in Palm Desert CA and there are several things I am amazed at.

1. Right across the street from the main entrance to our resort is a big empty lot. It looks barren, ugly, lifeless. You drive into our resort and it is like paradise. It's crazy how they take this ugly piece of almost nothing and turn it into a slice of heaven. Reminds me of how God can transform my sinful, selfish, harden heart and by his grace, he redeems and tranforms me into something new.
(Those are snow capped mountains in the distance!)


2. All the windmills. Never seen this before.


3. We went to the Joshua Tree National Park yesterday. The trees were so unique. Never seen anything quite like it.


4. Now THIS really BLOWS my mind. These rock formations. It is like God was playing with playdough, and stacked all his pieces up in hundreds of different piles. I felt like we were on another planet. The mountains and boulders were like nothing I have ever seen before. We had the best time hiking and exploring. It was amazing.




6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cool. I am glad you are having such a great time! Who took the shadow picture?

11:19 AM

 
Blogger terrible speller said...

Eric did. he had the camera hanging around his neck and at his waist.

2:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is an awesome photo, sounds like you are really enjoying yourself. still cant believe you are so close and we arent going to be able to meet, boo whoo whoo.

3:35 PM

 
Blogger Perri said...

I love the pictures. Especially the rock one. So awesome.

4:21 PM

 
Blogger Whittaker Woman said...

I loved your post. It reminds me why you are one of my best friends. You see we are so much alike. Our personalities just click. But what I have with you that I don’t have with anyone else is our differences. You grew up in GA me in CA. That right there says it all. You know from past conversations what that all includes but it also includes that simple things like the desert. Being able to see things again through your eyes refreshes me. My surroundings are so foreign to you. My culture is so different than yours. My everyday is just unique to you and that is what I love. Thanks for getting me out of my box. I love you and can’t wait to see you. H

6:05 PM

 
Blogger katie said...

hey, i don't know my ca geography yet... how far are you from us? (in san francisco bay area?) looks like a fun getaway!

6:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home