blah, blah, blah

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

little here, little there

So, today was very unusual. We had a friend over Monday and his mom wanted to reciprocate the favor by having all three of my kids over to her house this morning so I could run some errands. Before we left the house, another mom called and asked if my kids could come play this afternoon. So I dropped off my three at the first kid's house. Went way south to make returns at an outlet mall. Picked up her older daughter on the way back, from a cheerleading camp. Then I get to their house and their next door neighbor was over (another close friend). She asks if she can take my girls for the afternoon. So I leave them with her and take #1 to his friends house who just happens to live in the same neighborhood. I take off and hit a ba-gillion different stores, taking advantage of my FREEDOM! It had been a long long time since I had been shopping. I was proud of myself, I didn't go crazy spending money. I didn't even buy one thing for me. Part of the thing is I am SO stinkin picky. Then if I see something I like, if it's not on sale, I won't buy it. I bought the girls several pieces. Little girls always need clothes! : ) I can so justify spending money on their clothing. I mean, I got a cute sundress on clearance for $8 at Old Navy. If I could find me a cute dress for $8, I would have snatched it up quick and then told all my friends where to go and get sweet cheap clothes. Sometimes I find myself more in to my girls fashion than my own. It just seems so much easier. I am stuck in that category I don't want to look like a "woman" but I don't want to look like a teen either. So I bounce between the juniors and womans sections constantly. I'll see a great outfit on a mannequin, try it on, look in the mirror and what do ya know-it fits all wrong. I bend over and show my whole crack, lift my arms and out pops the belly button. UGH! Thankfully I have a hubby who is good with style. He is always willing to help me shop and piece together the right look.

Okay let me get off that tangent to say, wow, it was nice running here, running there, without all the: buckle your seats, get in the car, hold hands ... I said hold hands cars are coming, stop playing under the clothing racks, stay where I can see you, panic glances b/c one or more kids has slipped out of sight, no-I have no quarters for the candy machines, if you do that "thing" again you'll be in the buggy for good, please don't run over other people with the stroller, REMEMBER -we are not the only people in the store, please stop touching EVERYTHING, no-#3 do not put any more clothes that we are not going to buy in the buggy (but I weally wike it mommy), so on and so on.

Needless to say I am pooped from all my running. By the last store I just longed to go home and be with my kids. It's nice to have a break, but nothing beats just staying home with them.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cantini #3 said...

I have made every single comment that you listed....every single one of them....felt familiar to read them....

10:25 PM

 
Blogger Wendy said...

I, too, have said everyone of those to my kids. It is nice to have a break and so much faster to get things done (amazing what you can accomplish in an hour with no kids), but always nice to be back home with them.

8:21 AM

 
Blogger Jessica said...

I can so relate to all of this, but the part about being stuck between teeny bopper clothes and women's wear is so so true!

11:03 AM

 
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

First, Old Navy's clearance rules!!! I just went there a couple days ago and stocked up.

Second, how nice to had some time to go out and shop. As a mom I treasure those moments. No worrying about a child's attention span or a fight brewing.

By the way, I love Target's stuff!!! They have the CUTEST wrap dresses and they never wrinkle. :)

11:20 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

i'm like that too - have fun while i'm out but just want to come home and be a homebody.

7:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home