blah, blah, blah

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

old pillow, new pillow


This has been my pillow since I was about 3 years old. I love this thing. No other pillow could ever compare to my pillow. It has travel with me on many trips. It has blood stains on it from when I skinned my nose as a child. It has green marker smeared on it, that used to say "I love Joel" (that was my 5th grade boyfriend) It has absorbed many many tears, not to mention large amounts of drool, (gross, I know...I can't help it!) It has been my best night time friend for almost 30 years! Well recently I have been thinking I need to trade it in for a newer model. I have come to the realization that is really does look gross and with all those years of dust, drool, blood, and stuff, maybe it's a health hazard. So, I know I could buy an allergy cover for it, but instead I went and swiped a newer pillow from the spare bedroom and claimed it for my own. It's nice and white and stain free! I thought it would be a rough transition, but honestly the new one sleeps like a dream!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

isn't it funny how we can put off change (for like 30 years) out of fear...yet once we bite the bullet it can be no big deal?
what will you do with the old pillow now? i guess you can't exactly put it in a shodow bow...

9:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch. i thought i was your best night time friend. ???

10:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I love you, and I remember many of those childhood memories. BUT, I am very proud of you for trading up. That pillow has go to be FUNKY! I am very bothered by germy pillow and trade ours in probably too often, but I just don't like germy pillows! You know you can wash a pillow? It most likely will not be the same, it's just too hard to get all the fluff back in the same spot. I have done it before though. You can also fluff it on the air cycle of the dryer. There might be a little life left in funky pillow.... then again, 30 years is a long time.....

10:08 AM

 
Blogger Cantini #3 said...

I feel your pain....I have a very small baby pillow that I keep in my closet. I called it my "little pillow" when I was young. I probably slept with it (in addition to my regular pillow) for a long time. Just ways for us to hold on to our youth. Nothing wrong with that. Keep it forever.

11:02 AM

 
Blogger JL said...

Mental Note: When sleeping over at your house, one should always bring their own pillow!!!!

4:45 PM

 
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

My hubby is a pillow lover too. He takes it everywhere and refuses to get a new one.

I am glad something worked out for you. :)

Where is Joel now??? HA! :)

11:17 PM

 
Blogger JL said...

Oh and that reminds me....my hubby has a pillow that I bought for him about 10 years ago, it's a body pillow. Just to irritate me, he named it Kathy (Kathy Ireland) and he snuggles with it every night. Isn't he hilarious. That thing stinks so bad no matter how many times I wash it. When he dies, it's getting buried with him.

2:37 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

oh my gosh that is hillarious! fUnKy pillow rocks! (if you don't sleep w/ it anymore ya should save it just for when your girls get older and can grasp the meaning of that pillow!)

9:17 PM

 
Blogger Perri said...

I feel your pain. I traded mine last year after 23 years. It went everywhere with me. I like my new one, but is is not the same. I wish I had Lumpy back.

11:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home