blah, blah, blah

Monday, January 9, 2006

community

FINALLY. After 5 years of waiting and praying, tonight I attended a women's Bible study. Since our church is about 40 minutes away, its hard to be involved in a community group. God has gathered 8 women from all walks of life and divinely put us together in a group. Get this me and the facilitator are non denomination, 1 Catholic, 1 Church of Christ, 1 Liberal Presbyterian, 1 Assembly of God, 1 Southern Baptist, 1 Apostolic. Just typing about it, I have this HUGE grin across my face. It was so..... how do I put it in words..... amazing, refreshing, passionate, it was awesome. I love the variety of people. I can't wait to see how God changes me through this. I love knowing the needs of other women and I am excited about praying for them. I love openly discussing tough issues and hearing women be real with one another. It really could not have gone better. I am SO super PUMPED.

School was very enjoyable today. The kids and I made a family timeline complete with pictures and everything. They added their personal decorative flare to it as well. #1's reading is improving, his handwriting seems to be slipping, but overall, he's doing great. I know homeschooling is not the right decision for everyone but on days like today, I know it is 100% right for us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Then it is a good day indeed!
Wow - sounds like your new group will spur on a lot of good topics/conversations/deep thoughts! FUN!
I'm happy for you!

4:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home