blah, blah, blah

Monday, January 30, 2006

waking up early

For a while now I have been getting up and walking with my dad. My parents live only 5 minutes away. I get up around 6:15 and leave the house at 6:25. Well #3 has started this habit of waking up around 6 am. She wants to get in the bed with us. I won't let her in b/c I know there is no chance either one of us will go back to sleep. This morning as I put her back in bed, she began to cry which of course woke up the other kids. Now everyone is awake and it is 6:10 AM!!!!!! I am not ready for everyone to start their day. I am not ready to be in mommy mode that early. It is a complete control issue. I cannot control when my kids wake up. #3 is too young to look at a clock and know to play until 7 am. It puts me in a sour mood right from the start. I guess it is selfish. My kids really are great. They entertain themselves so well in the morning. I am just a grump, real grump. Thank goodness I have that time in the morning to walk. It makes me feel refreshed and in a better mood once I return home. I think I might start getting up at 5:45 and leaving the house earlier to get my bible study done before the walk. Hopefully that will satisfy my me time and once I step foot in the door, I will be ready for the day.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am FEELING this entry. I was struggling with the same issue this morning. I put in my exercise video at 6:15. 3/4 of the way through, Josh is sitting on the sofa watching. He is asking for a hug. I haven't had time to finish the video, shower, read the Bible or pray with Andy. I am FRUSTRATED! I knew too that I was being selfish with my time. I know my time is not my own, but I want it to be so badly some times! It turned out fine. Everything got done. It is very hard not to feel "spread thin" when homeschooling. I don't think getting up early would help me personally. I could swear that Josh can feel my footsteps. He would probably wake up if I got up at 4:00. I guess I'll just have to pray that God will change my heart and help me to loosen up!
To be completely real, I have seen my children as a little burdensome lately instead of as the true blessings that they are meant to be. It's embarassing to admit, but true. In my case, once again, I am probably dealing with a HEART issue. Great! More humility to learn! :) Love you, RW

9:11 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

Just another Mommy feeling your pain here, too!!!!
No great advice, just sounding in with an Amen, sister.

5:01 PM

 
Blogger Joan said...

Uh...am I supposed to get into mommy mode at some point? I'm feeling selfish ALL day these days. winter-itis. we're ALL just grumpy the vast majority of the time.

5:15 PM

 
Blogger five in six said...

I can totally relate...I need at least to brush my teeth uninterupted before I can begin to get the morning chocolate milk for everyone!! If not, watch out, it's not pretty! Ugg! But I am SOOO impressed that you run in the mornings...you go girl! The only running I do is to get the dog out before she pees on the carpet!

11:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home