blah, blah, blah

Thursday, February 9, 2006

catching up




So my favorite L.A. girl was heading over to Nashville for a few days and it everything worked out beautifully for me to spend some time with her. One of my favorite friends and one of my favorite cities. It was a swell couple of days. Lots of pondering and discussing all major areas of life: sex, money, love, friendships etc. Lots of giggles at our cultural differences me -southern with a bit of a twang: her- little valley girl -"like she really is" Our husbands tease us that we pick up each others accents for a few days every time we are around each other! We ate some good meals. Our favorite was calypsocafe. We actually ate their twice, same seat, same waiter, same meal. It was just that good. I got to visit with some old friends while I was there. Visited our old house, old neighborhoods, and reminisced of the newly wed days that me and my man experienced before kids.

When I got back home, I wasn't sure what to expect. My man had been Mr. Mom for two days. I was just expecting survival mode. The house looked better than when I left it. Clean kitchen and everything in its place. What a guy. I did get one of the best!

Yesterday I woke up ready to go. The kids all came and piled in bed with me. Yummy! They played really well together. We got school work done. No fussing at dinner. It was sweet. I feel more "together" now that I had a little break. The kids look cuter and sweeter. I have a deeper appreciation for my hubby. I am more thankful for my blessings.

Well I think that sums it up.

Biggest regret ... not taking my CAMERA and not getting a picture of Heather and me!

3 Comments:

Blogger Aly said...

dude, jealous you had some time in nashvagas...special place to me too. hey, how did you get to my blog? did it alert you that i tagged your blog? :o) anywho, GO BACK...b/c i realized that for some ODD reason it wasn't posting my january blogs...one of them that YOU are in....you gotta check out the pic as well...miss AND love you too! just got in from step aerobics...may i join y'alls(un)coordinated club? holy toledo, tonto...sheer embarassment, but such victory as i sweat, groan, and hollah! smooches! Aly

9:04 PM

 
Blogger Aly said...

oops...vegas...really, i can spell...oops, sorry, i know you have a complex about that in which my friend, you NEED to be healed. why in tarnation would you name your blog about something you are maybe not so proud of or may have a little bit of a self-esteem issue? FRIEND...you ROCK...you need to be affirming yourself and associating your identity with Christ and his wonderful qualities in you. it'd be like me calling my blog "awfulaerobicizer" or the "horriblehandwriter" or "uglyfootedmonster" or the uncontrollabledrooler" (i really do drool). you need to rename your blog "hotmama" or "multi-tasking-mania-mom" or "kiss-arss-arcade-avenger" come on now...you know it...you ARE the best. love you...ok, i will SHUT up now. :o)

9:16 PM

 
Blogger Whittaker Woman said...

I wonder if calypso will deliver. I taste the chicken and muffins now. I had a wonderful time with you. I wish I was a little more awake but i loved every moment. I love you. h

4:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home