blah, blah, blah

Sunday, June 11, 2006

summer friends

We've been busy busy.. Our home schooling friends returned from their trip to Romania this week. We spent all of Friday with them. Then my "Co-Co" (college roommate and life long best friend) and her kids came to spend the weekend with us. It's been a great past couple of days. I am tired. We have VBS tomorrow at my parents church. I will be helping in a first grade class. I am not excited about getting up and doing the same routine 5 days in a row. This is so unlike me. I don't see how moms who take their kids to school everyday do it. I love our "free-style" family life. It is so perfect for us. Co-Co was just saying how she misses the routine of school days. I love her, we are so opposite in some things. I love that about us. I am a home body, she loves to go go go. You know, I could list so many of our differences, but our hearts are a lot alike. I like friends that aren't like me. It stretches me to think differently and to be more accepting of other people.

Any ways, I am too tired to ramble on. The point is. I love love love my friends. AND I love my kids friends. AND, final thing, I am so happy it's summer.

"Mommy, take another picture of me"


"Mommy DON"T take another picture of me!"


Our friends at the lake


My sweet girls

Co-Co kids and mine.

9 Comments:

Blogger Perri said...

Your kids are so beautiful. I know what you mean about different friends. I have just about as many homeschooling friends as public schooling ones. I have found it's not our differences that make us friends - it's the things we have in common. I love them all - but I am so glad to have the freedom to educate my kids at home.

12:16 AM

 
Blogger Wendy said...

I love the picture of your daughters holding hands! That is so sweet!

10:18 AM

 
Blogger Vessel said...

Most of my friend are opposites too. We compliment each other.
That picture of your two girls is beautiful. You should have it painted or watercolored.

12:07 PM

 
Blogger Jessica said...

I am jealous that you don't have to wake up 5 days a week to an alarm clock! We homeschooled for a year, back when I only had two kids, and not living on the schools schedule was my favorite part. Have fun at VBS!

12:11 PM

 
Blogger Carlos said...

So my girls and I are in bed reading blogs. Sohaila see's the picture of #2 and she says "thats me. Look at me." Do we make kids that look alike? She thinks so.

12:20 PM

 
Blogger Carlos said...

Actually its me h

12:21 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hey....I guess I should be thanking you for giving Cantini #3 the bug about blogging, because she passed it on to me. Mine is singlewifery. Love the pictures of your girls. They've gotten so big since I last saw them.

7:59 PM

 
Blogger Cantini #3 said...

Glad to get to see you today. Hope I didn't blow your cover! Your blog is just getting more and more popular....hey, when you go it...you got it. Look at it this way, you have inspired at least 3 more blogs to go up. Do you get an award for that? "Blogger with the most new recruits goes to.......TerribleSpeller"

9:21 PM

 
Blogger Renee said...

Hi

I miss you. The kids look so sweet. "Co-co"'s kids are so big!! Wow! I'm calling you tonight. My man's at youth group and the kids will be hittin the hay before 8. So get ready for a phone call after 8 or so. I'm dying to catch up.

Love you!

6:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home