blah, blah, blah

Wednesday, September 6, 2006

picking it up

Finally today I was able to get the house descent looking again. (Thanks Muddy Hands for the babysitting!) The house has been TRASHED. You can straighten things up and within 30 minutes junk is every where. The girls especially have been little tornados. While #1 and I get school work done, they are having the time of their life playing with every toy they own. Well, not necessarily playing with it all at one time, they are just dragging it all out, room to room to room. I really do love how they integrate all their toys into one big happy neighborhood. See in my adult mind, I would never mix a Polly Pocket fashion boutique with a Littlest Pet's Shop play ground while inviting Little People to visit who arrive in their Little People yellow school bus, oh and by the way they stopped in Sweet Streets neighborhood to pick up the pool guy and his friends. I would keep it all segregated. All the Polly's live in their hood, Sweet Streets People in their village, Little People in their town and the Littlest Pet's Shop pets would be on their own planet.

So anyways, while they spent the afternoon at a friend's house, I turned OFF the computer, put on my ipod and picked up all my junk. I can be, well truthfully, "am" a messy person by nature. I have to put forth some extra effort in my brain processing to put things away immediately. I love to clean though. Give me an old tooth brush and I will smile the whole time I am scrubbing the scum away. Ask me to put up junk, UGH, I will easily get overwhelmed. Once my kids came home I sat them down and laid down the law about the house. I want no more whining, moaning, complaining "It's TOO big of a mess, I need help. Nooooo, please I don't want to clean up today.." Hopefully the consequences I laid out today will help us achieve that goal. I never mind them playing and creating, but when no one wants to clean up, that's when I have a problem.

This is minor compared to the other day. I kept thinking, "oh the girls are playing so well, so quietly" I went to their room, EVERYTHING had been dumped on the floor. So I guess today is improvement. There were still a few things on the shelf and all the linens are still on the bed.

7 Comments:

Blogger Just T said...

that sounds just like my house .. the rest of my house is clean EXCEPT the kidlets bedroom .. and your picture looks eerily similar to the mess in K1's bedroom .. no matter how many times I tidy and clean, and have EVERYTHING in it's own little box or carton, it ALL manages to get thrown about and mixed up again lol
as for integrated toys, my 2 do exactly the same and I have the same reaction as you !
Good luck with getting your kidlets to keep their rooms clean !

3:59 AM

 
Blogger Cantini #3 said...

That looks like a picture of my boys play room.....except with girls stuff. I hate cleaning up too.

I will be posting soon. Thanks for missing me, though!

5:58 AM

 
Blogger Wendy said...

Sounds like our house too. I feel like I am constantly picking up. While I am getting school done, I am thinking about the disaster that is going on upstairs and what awaits me. I am just glad we haven't had another lipstick incident (see blog) that was bad!

9:18 AM

 
Blogger Renee said...

I have the same problem. It is overwhelming. I am trying to decide if certain rooms should be off limits for toys, ie our room! Now that the master is on the main level I find toys in our room every day. It's annoying! My kids don't complain so much about cleaning up. It just takes forever! So I end up helping and doing most of it. Gotta figure out a system. I think this is the hardest part of homeschooling...never having a completely ordered house.

5:42 PM

 
Blogger on the Rock said...

My stuff gets like that too. But one thing's for sure - a pathway is always there to get through. Sometimes the path is the shape of a maze and not always straight through. I think I see a maze pathway in your photo, too.

8:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The other day I was straightening up the boys' bedrooms (and the question "why???" should come now) and the moment I put something away, one of them pulls him out. So frustrating!!

I don't have girls, but know moms with daughters and those Polly Pocket items are small and PLENTY. HA!

10:13 PM

 
Blogger keri said...

all too familiar. its a never ending cycle. i did get rid of lots of toys and junk a couple weeks ago...but then ella had her birthday and all of that got replaced by new stuff. aaaah!

10:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home