blah, blah, blah

Tuesday, May 2, 2006

let it go


Gray hair. I have it. I have a lot of it. Honestly most days I really like it. For as long as I can remember I have had dark brown hair. I've only had my hair highlighted twice in my life and I have never put permanent color on it either. So as the gray grows, I like knowing that within a few years for the first time I will have a completely different hair color. I can tell this year it has taken off. Sometimes I am shocked at how much has come in. Sometimes I even find stray hairs that are half brown and half gray. I didn't know that could happen, I thought they grew in on their own.

Gray hair is a great conversation starter with women. I have the most random people come up to me to talk about my gray. I also never fail to compliment a woman who is all natural herself. Though I have family that almost beg me to color it, and then some who say they like it, I am in it for the long haul. I want to take another picture this same time next year and just see how much it has changed again.

6 Comments:

Blogger Vessel said...

To me, ladies who allow a little gray always seem to allow a little more grace for others as well. I think it looks great!!!

4:15 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

I agree - it looks great. I've always thought of grays as natural highlights. I have not needed to highlight my hair in 8 mos. since I am getting more grays. Geesh, is that a good thing or a bad thing? It doesn't bother me though...

9:44 PM

 
Blogger mommy to six J's said...

I have so much gray and I hate it. I was actually born with three gray hair and my dad was all gray by the time he was 16. I like your new pic its cute.
Char

12:37 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Oh I just noticed the new picture too! HOW ADORABLE! I love it - you are sooo pretty :)

8:11 AM

 
Blogger Hale-Yeah! said...

i think i'll be going grey soon too. my biggest dilemna is if i should spell it grey or gray. what's the deal?

10:49 AM

 
Blogger five in six said...

I'm going white...not grey! I'm a natural red-head and so is my grandfather (when he was younger). He now has a full head of the most beautiful white hair, and I can't wait to have that same white hair! I think most reds turn white and not grey, but I can't wait. But for now I only have a few here and a few there, not enough to look gorgeous like yours!!

3:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home