blah, blah, blah

Wednesday, May 3, 2006

some Dog watchin

I love our TIVO machine. We record the most random shows to watch. We love specials like .... Our 80 year old children, The smallest People in the World, and Little People Big World. The other night we asked the kids to watch Little People Big World since #2 spotted a Dwarf at Walmart and chose to publicly point her out.




Any way. We used to watch Dog the Bounty Hunter. Well for whatever reason it's been awhile since we've joined in on one of their bounties. Last night the episode we watched took them from Hawaii to San Francisco. I was so caught up in the drama. I felt kinda silly. But in the end the bad guy got what was coming and Beth, Dog's wife, was crying b/c she didn't have to pay his $75,000 bail bond.

This Dog Chapman and his crew really baffle me. They love the Lord. They love to pray. They cuss like sailors (not just to the bad guys but to each other as well). Dog loves to have kids (he has got I think 9). Beth's boobs are bigger than Dolly Parton's. They called people "bra" instead of bro. Dog still hasn't made enough money to get his teeth fixed. He never wears anything but workout clothes or JUST a black leather vest. His hair is an amazing wonder (no telling how long it takes him to fix it). Dog likes his woman Beth to dress on the dirty side (which she does whether he likes it or not). Dog vacuums his house daily, side note: he used to sell vacuum cleaners.

Although Dog's appearance really grosses me out, I still love to watch the show. I admire the love that He and his "posse" share. I like that they are honest and real with one another. But my most favorite part about the show is after the capture. When they take a man down, they're cussing him out. Threatening him to behave. Once they got the bad guy in the car, they give him a cigarette. They talk to him about the choices he has made. They let him use their phone to call a mom or wife. In their own unique way they share God's love to the criminal. I like it. It's so not the picture that I would paint of Christianity, but what do I know. I am just a sheltered Georgia girl who was raised in the Bible belt where almost every and anyone knows how to pretend to be a Christian.

8 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

This is the strangest most hillarious post I have ever read! I have never even heard of that show! Sounds interesting! :)

10:12 AM

 
Blogger Hale-Yeah! said...

Never heard of Dog? I too thought it was pretty funny that he is this hard dude, but it looks like he went to the salon before the show. oh, and it spelled (i know terrible speller) brah. not like the lingerie. i love the little people show too.

10:53 AM

 
Blogger Heather Smith said...

Never seen the show, but it sounds funny! Just found your site! I'll be back!

12:51 PM

 
Blogger Vessel said...

I love that show too. He does seem to have a compassion for the criminals he hunts down. I believe God could use even this rough dude. Beth is the real star of the production though. They once had a show where someone on the street actually thought she was professional wrestler!!! We are so easily entertained.

3:10 PM

 
Blogger five in six said...

Okay, this has nothing to do with the show, but with Tivo...could you have your hubby help my hubby get ours working? We got it for Christmas and it worked for like 2 weeks...but I'd like to record Dog and see his antics!

3:58 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

I've never heard of that show! Sounds funny! Do you have the Tivo 30 second skip? My man found some "code" or some way to program to skip commercials by 30 seconds each. It's amazingly fast. You are thru commercials in 6 seconds flat!

7:31 AM

 
Blogger Jessica said...

Sniff, we just disconnected our Tivo/Direct Tv so we could reconnect with our life. I am still mourning the loss of my beloved Tivo. Thanks for stopping in to say hi to! (we used to go to Sandals forever ago, that was how I happened upon your blog)

1:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have often wondered the same things about this show. I think that is what makes it so entertaining. I watch it from time to time just to get a laugh. Beth and Dog just crack me up. Love your blog and the layout. It's a lot of fun to read.

12:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home