blah, blah, blah

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

my little cusser

Well for the first time one of our kids busted out a cuss word. I was sitting on the bathroom counter putting on mascara when #3 comes up and stands on the potty to go through my makeup bag. She loves the eyeshadow and as she began to apply it to her cheek, the little wand falls down on my leg and she said, "Damn it, ... Damn it Damn it!" I gave her a curious look and replied, "Did you just say Damn it?" She nodded and said yes. I honestly wanted to laugh. Then I asked, "Who have your heard say that word?" Then I really wanted to laugh as she said, "Aunt Cindy." Which is a complete lie. Aunt Cindy would never even utter a cuss word under her breath, even on her worst day. Of course I explained that just like "stupid" is a word we don't say, we shouldn't say "damn it" either. She nodded and went on to apply more eyeshadow all over her upper lip. I think I really have Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs to thank for teaching my youngest to say her first curse word. Our whole family loves that show.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's hard because it's so funny when they say stuff. Kiara said, "stupid" the other day. When asked where she heard it, Jacinda's best friend, Mignon. She was so upset when we told her. I thought it was funny.

Oh, and then Heather was trying to explain to the girls, how Losiah was different. "because he has a wiener". Interestingly, she hasn't repeated that word yet.

11:52 AM

 
Blogger Just T said...

It's so hard when they 1st let one slip to not laugh, unless it's a nasty word which we don't use. Normally it's my son who lets things out, because my daughter is very prim and proper, and thinks bum and shut up are swear words. She's such a good girl hehe

10:39 PM

 
Blogger Perri said...

We love that show too. It is hilarious yet at the same time we always learn something from watching it.

Seems your kids do too!

Perri

8:22 AM

 
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

Oh we had that moment with Matt. During a clip of A Few Good Men, Tom Cruise says to Jack Nicholson: "And you are going to jail you son of a b***h." Steve and I chuckled and Matt repeats the phrase -- how nice!! :(

1:30 PM

 
Blogger keri said...

yeah whatever, i know she really learned it from you. (or her daddy!)

4:12 PM

 
Blogger Andi said...

I just know that Sophie's first word will be crap. From me. Just you wait and see.

5:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home