blah, blah, blah

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

pre-Christmas fun

The Friday before Christmas the 5 of us headed to Atlanta to visit Imagine It Children's museum. We bought a family pass almost a year ago and it has been worth every dime. It is such a fun place. Afterwards we headed to the Varsity for ice cream. I was feeling emotionally satisfied with us all together and I spoke up and said, "I love living in Atlanta. So many fun things to do here." Well as we walked out and headed to our car, we hear tons of sirens wailing near by. Then we see like a dozen or so cops fly by and they stop and get out on foot and start sprinting down the road. Next there helicopters were hovering. It was chaotic. We pulled into a gas station and learned it was a car chase. Helicopters we still overhead and then a ambulance flew by headed toward the scene. So we left the gas station and headed toward the interstate. While waiting at a traffic light, I am 90% sure I saw drug exchange. Next I was on the on ramp to I-75 and it was bumper to bumper traffic. My defenses went up as I had to cross 6 lanes to get to the HOV. Normally traffic doesn't freak me out at all, but with the previous events I was just on edge. So maybe living in Atlanta does have it's perks, but it definitely has a down side.

Oh, and Blogger won't let me upload photos. What is the deal?

5 Comments:

Blogger Perri said...

I would have sent you an email, but I don't have your email address, so that kinda makes that more difficult to do. If you get a chance, please read about my friend, Linda, at
http://lottakids1961.blogspot.com/2006/12/asking-for-your-help.html

Keep her in your prayers.

P.S. I'll take my small town life!

11:13 AM

 
Blogger Wendy said...

Wow, that would get my heart racing. We don't see much of that here.

I am having the same problem w/blogger. Ugh!

7:00 PM

 
Blogger Renee said...

Yikes! But the day with the family sounds fun. Miss you!

10:29 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

Since the last time you posted pics of Imagine It I have intended to take our kids. It sounds like a blast!
Check out this website. http://davidclapp.com/main.htm Click all the way through to Families & Children, then Some babies come by plane. I thought of you guys immediately!
Happy New Year!

9:23 AM

 
Blogger Just T said...

I think you get occurances like that in all big cities, but wow, how scary!
My town has a bad name for being a down & out town from years ago, but the past 6 or so years, they have really cleaned it up by knocking down gov. housing estates and building new home estates (like ours). But that stigma just doesn't go away, which is a shame because there are parts here which are so pretty. I love walking the kids to school. Such is life !!!
Glad you made it home safe :)
ps not sure about uploading pics, but I am having trouble leaving comments grrrr

4:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home