blah, blah, blah

Saturday, May 20, 2006

creative in their own way

My son is not scared to brag at how well he can build with legos. He has decided to coin the phrase "Lego Expert" and apply it to himself. Probably at least 75% of his freetime he is building, tearing down, rebuilding and designing new structures with legos. We video tape some of his best ones so he can show his kids one day what he liked to do growing up. He is now a member of the "Lego Club" and receives magazines on a monthly basis. He looks these magazines over at least a dozen times and fantasies about how the new building sets he wishes he could have. In the latest issue of his magazine, there is a group of lego kids who drive lego robots. He asked me to paint a mask on his face to match one of the drivers and then he drew on a shirt to match the guys outfit. The girls then decided they needed face paint too.

#2 loves to draw and paint. She will also sit and play at the computer all day if I let her. This is her original design: necklace, bracelet and some other structure all made for Magnetics. She was so proud of all this she asked if I would take her picture.



And this is Miss Silly using a Mrs. Potato face to add some unique character to her own face. The thing is actually shoved up her nose. Surprisingly it came out clean.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Isn't it neat to see how different they are in their own ways. My son loves Legos too, I'll have to check into the Lego club. I'm sure he would love that. Such cute pictures!

8:46 PM

 
Blogger Justabeachkat said...

Wow...this all made me smile big time...and made me miss you all so much!

11:33 PM

 
Blogger Jessica said...

I think only moms with extremely cute children have blogs, you know, like yours & mine!

2:43 AM

 
Blogger Hale-Yeah! said...

I don't know...I still consider myself a "lego expert". I don't think I'll ever grow out of it. I just can't wait til I can buy my little girl legos, so i can play with them too.

11:49 AM

 
Blogger Vessel said...

Too Cute!!!
My son carries his lego mag around with him everywhere.

12:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you know there is a lego store at Discover Mills in duluth?....i bet landon would love it!!!

3:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home