blah, blah, blah

Monday, May 15, 2006

just another manic Monday

Warning blogger is SOOOOOOOO slow, no spell check today!

Ever wake up in the morning and feel panicked? I woke up 45 minutes later than I wanted too and so my exercise routine was cut from my day. Then I realized, we have a poptart crisis at our house, so that means I have to get the kids to dunkin donuts and then hit the grocery store. The house is a wreck of course so I begin to feel yucky about that. The kids are full on aggravation mode and can't keep their hands off each other. We need to get out of here. I look in the mirror, Ew, Sleepy face and a new zit, nice. Throw some clothes on the kids and do a little something to myself. It is amazing what a little face wash and eyeliner will do for ya. We head out the door.

Dunkin Donuts, Goodwill, #1's haircut, Kroger, food co-op, drop of stuff at a friends, pick up two more kids and now we are home. It's time for lunch. I am now facing reality that I am not going to meet all my goals for today. You know it is so rare that I do. And.... (nice calm collected voice) that is okay. What really matters is not my junk and not my dirt. I am only one imperfect woman. I love my kids, even though today they are really on my nerves, and I love my man, who helped make my mother's day the best. I love that I stay at home, even though it seems always a mess, and I love that we homeschool, normally just 3 days a week but we're going year round and that is okay. I love the cool weather we are having. I love the color green. I love the view from my window. I love to hear my kids playing well with their best friends, it makes me smile. I love knowing I love a God who cares and knows about every detail of my life.

....Fill me God with your purpose. Bend my agenda to match yours. I am crazy about you. Thanks for loving me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

This sounds so much like so many of our days. We are also thinking about doing school year round. My kids are young, so "doing school" doesn't take a lot of time right now anyway. Year round school with breaks throughout the year has always made more sense to me. It seems like after a summer break teachers always had to spend so much time reteaching what was already taught because kids forgot.

2:37 PM

 
Blogger terrible speller said...

I completely agree

11:41 PM

 
Blogger Joan said...

I so like you...goodwill, food co-op (man...I've not even that that 'best' yet). Great job! Keep going...(and I bet my son wears his spider man costume longer at a time than yours does..let's see, what is today. I know he's had it on like 2-3 days. Um, if we're not going anywhere, my kids don't get baths every day...and sometimes, they probably don't smell the like lavendar. Not that I don't envy those who do that!)

10:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home