blah, blah, blah

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

new system

okay, so since my vacuum cleaner died, my dishwasher has now risen to the top of my doo-doo list of appliances. It can't wash but half the dishes in there. No matter how hard I try to rearrange things, put less items in, change dishwashing detergent, nothing gets it cleaning like it used to. OH, and the thing is only 2 & 1/2 years old. So finally I am giving up. I went a full week of not using it. Hand washing everything. It went better than I thought. The problem was my man kept putting things into the dishwasher. He was refusing to give it up. So I reverted back. Same thing happened. Begin my day with breakfast and unloading the dishwasher and "dad-gum-it" all my silver ware has white detergent caked on it. Things on the top rack look only rinsed. UGH! So I am cutting ties with the white loud monster in my kitchen and my drying rack is my new best friend. I honestly do not think it takes me any longer to do the dishes. Plus everything is always clean. I can use my favorite paring knife all day long. I like that.

OH- American Idol -Taylor Hicks. What do you think? It really did not matter to me who won after Chris got the boot.

I know what you must be thinking. She is a TV freak. I promise there is more to my life than the tube. :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Dishwashers should definitely last longer than 2-2 1/2 years! Yikes, I guess I am one of those that can't imagine living without one. I grew up doing all dishes by hand and now I wouldn't want to do that again. (Although I do knives and pans by hand). You have a great attitude about it.

9:15 AM

 
Blogger Renee said...

I wouldn't want to live without my dishwasher! We use paper plates during the day, so we load the other stuff throughout the day, set the timer for it to wash during the night, and unload it in the morning. Now that the kids can load the dishes I hardly do any dishes at all except for the really dirty things that need special attention. But I am glad hand washing works for you!

American Idol- I can't believe I am saying this because I am from Bham and should support the soul patrol, but I thought Catherine was the best singer. When they sang duets together I didn't think his voice measured up at all to hers. I think they both perform really well. Of course he is more dynamic and crazy, but she's good. I predict they both cut an album and hers sells more!

9:16 AM

 
Blogger five in six said...

I'd die without my dishwasher...we too use paper plates during the day, but boy do we rack up the sippy cups!!

About American Idol, I was actually thinking watching them sing last night, why are they the final two? Neither of them impressed me much. Now I do have to say I did prefer Katherine. However, I too was hoping for Christ to win while he was still in it...we'll see who has the biggest career ahead of them!!

9:39 AM

 
Blogger five in six said...

Okay, I said "Christ", but I meant "Chris". I guess I'm just so used to typing Christ!! And I am in NO WAY implying he is Christ!! Kind of like when I type Paul, I always type Paula!!

9:40 AM

 
Blogger Vessel said...

I wanted Christ to win too!!! He's always #1 to me. Sorry couldn't resist.
I have a new dishwasher and I love it. The old one interrupted every phone conversation I had after dinner.

11:48 AM

 
Blogger Hale-Yeah! said...

Chris had my vote. You should look into buying a home warranty plan. after 10 days of purchasing it, you place the service call and if they can't fix it...bam...brand new one. last year our $300 plan got us a brand new heater and air conditioning unit.

12:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

live without my dishwasher, never not even if you paid me to. i love that thing i use it alot

4:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home